Monday, August 24, 2009

What Opportunities

Romans 12:9 Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good.

As I think about the hurting, the lost, the homeless today the above scripture is jumping out at me. So many times we say that we love but our actions prove otherwise.

As a mother of a new born, we cater to their every need because we love them. As a child we respect our parents because we love them and they love us. God gave His only son, Jesus, because He loved us.

I have known many people who say they love God, but their actions show otherwise. I myself have been there. I was saved as a teenager but I never really lived my life like I loved Jesus until about a year ago. My life has changed so dramatically in the last year it is hard for me to believe it sometimes. I feel that if God is truly living in us, then we are to work as he calls us to. Loving God, my opinion, is not Sunday morning service...the end. Loving God is 24/7 serving Him and others in His name.

I have been blessed with the opportunity to go to Idea Camp in DC this Friday and Saturday. WOW! This is a huge opportunity for me to learn how I can better serve the homeless, and others, in my community. Also, Mark Horvath, will be there and I pray that God will bless me once again and give me the opportunity to meet Mark and if he is ok with it, hang out with him while he does some of his invisiblepeople.tv stuff. I am nervous about this trip but at the same time so excited to learn and to serve.

God is laying out a path for me that is full of opportunites and I trust in Him to guide me. I love the homeless and I hope that my actions are showing this to others. If you have an opportunity to serve someone, try it. It just may change your life. It did mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment