Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

I'm sure many of us remember where we were and what we were doing 8 years ago today even if we don't remember what we had for dinner last night. I know I do.

I remember hours of panic that I felt. My children were at school and all I wanted to do was run to them and hold them close. That day changed me in alot of ways. I shed alot of tears during the following days and weeks as I saw the terror replayed.

Although this may sound completely crazy, I pray that I don't ever forget the emotions that ran through me that day. I realized then that God had blessed me beyond what I feel I deserve. My children are one of the biggest blessings God has given me. As any mother will tell you, raising them hasn't been easy, they have hurt me and cut me to my very soul, but God has blessed me because they are also my biggest treasure.

I take a moment each day and thank God for my two girls and ask for His protection over them. I never know when it may be my last day with them and I let them know each day how much I truly do love them.

Today, I pray for the families left behind, our nation and our leaders.

Don't ever let me forget when the world stopped turning on that September day.

No comments:

Post a Comment